Mithos Yggdrasill (ミトス・ユグドラシル Mitosu Yugudorashiru) is the main antagonist of Tales of Symphonia. He fights for a world in which all beings are the same, as he believes this is the only way to truly eliminate the horrors of discrimination, a grave misinterpretation of his deceased sister, Martel's dying wish. He leads an army named Cruxis, comprised of half-elves who have deceived the inhabitants of the planets Sylvarant and Tethe'alla into believing that they are gods, angels, or otherwise holy figures. Upon interaction, and various fights, with Lloyd Irving 's party, Mithos decides to abandon the two worlds, taking their supply of Mana, which is linked to Martel, with him, and leaving them to wither and die. Lloyd Irving, however, interrupts this getaway and defeats him once and for all.
- If you are above Mithos Yggdrasill when he decides to use an Arte, that Arte will usually be Prism Sword.
- If you are nearby Mithos Yggdrasill and block when he uses Holy Lance, he will Grab you and deal about 50 HP of damage, as well as drain some of your TP. Occasionally, he overestimates how close you are to him, and will grab you but not hit you with the last attack because you are too far away. In that case, you only lose TP.
- If Mithos Yggdrasill 's HP reaches lower than 100, he gains access to Envoke End.
- Mithos Yggdrasill 's Photon is a Grab.
- Mithos Yggdrasill 's Abyss Detonator can occasionally be blocked mid-air. If you do manage to block the Confirming hit, you must run outside of the black cloud on the floor to avoid further damage.
- Mithos Yggdrasill does not stagger from hits during the TTS of Outburst. This is not quite the same as Penetrate, as he does take the full damage from whatever attack you hit him with during this time. Outburst is also unblockable.
- Mithos Yggdrasill is immune to all damage during the TTS of Yggdrasill Laser.
- Mithos Yggdrasill's Ray and Death Knell have predictable patterns. If you are close when he uses this Arte, attack immediately after you take the first hit, as he is open to damage here and it will stop the rest of the Arte.
- Mithos Yggdrasill's Death Knell is unblockable at short range.
- Twin Assault
- Death Knell (Death Eater)
- Soul Break
- Yggdrasill Laser
- Tetra Spell
- Holy Lance
- Prism Sword
- Explode (Explosion)
- Meteor Swarm (Meteor Storm)
- Abyss Detonator
- Envoke End
Appearance in ACSEdit
In ACS, Yggdrasill is a Secret Boss, reachable via defeating the last character, Dhaos, in the Hard Route Story Mode of either Lloyd Irving, Kratos Aurion, Zelos Wilder, or Presea Combatir without losing to Dhaos once. His sprites are derived from his appearance in Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3, in which he is in his modified (or "Yggdrasill") form.
When faced against Lloyd Irving, Yggdrasill questions Lloyd's ideals, to which Lloyd responds, questioning how anything that involves the senseless homicide of so many people could possibly be ideal. Yggdrasill then mockingly calls Lloyd a wise man.